You may have some questions about how this all works.
And that’s great! Below are some of the most basic questions I get from new clients.
If you still have questions for me, I’d love to answer them for you. You can schedule a call or simply email me and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
Thanks for your interest!
What services do you offer?
I made my name creating website and logo designs for church, businesses, and nonprofits. After 3.5 years of providing those services, I realized I was making a lot of things that looked pretty, but weren’t designed to sell.
So I pivoted.
I still offer website development and logo design, but I love starting with the messaging so that all the other things will actually work and connect with your audience.
If you’ve already got your messaging down – awesome! Here are the services I can offer:
- Website Development
- Logo Design
- Print Design
- Email Campaigns
- Lead Generating PDFs
- And more
What's your hourly rate?
That’s a great question! And it’s one that I don’t have a solid answer to.
I don’t believe in the hourly rate.
When I charge hourly, it puts us on opposite sides of the table. You want the work done as quick as possible and I want to get paid as much as I can.
I prefer to be on the same team as you.
So I charge by the project.
I’ll develop a specific quote for your project and let you know the pricing for the entire project. That will give us an agreed upon budget to work within and allow us to focus on your project, not your budget.
Do you actually do the design?
I’m a designer first. It’s where my passion lies.
For most projects, I do all the design myself. For larger projects, I’ll bring in help from some super talented friends to ensure you get the solution that’s perfect for you, even when it’s not in my wheelhouse. In those instances, I’ll serve as Creative Director for the project to make sure we achieve the goals you have.
What is a typical website design process?
There’s really no such thing as “typical” because every project is different, but I try to structure the timeline for most of them in a similar way. Here’s how that looks:
- Project Begins
- Homepage + Interior Page Template submitted for approval
- First Draft of completed website submitted for approval
- Second Draft of completed website submitted for approval
- Final Draft of website submitted for approval
- Website is launched!
In a perfect world, that entire process takes about 12 weeks. It can be shorter or longer depending on your timeline.
What is your logo design process?
Should you choose to go with me for your logo design, the process then breaks down into 3-4 rounds of revisions:
- Round 1 – I present to you 3-5 logo concepts in black and white. These are to help us narrow down the style of logo you’re looking for. The final version rarely ever comes from one of these concepts but this round is greatly important to help us get to a great final round.
- Round 2 – I take your feedback from Round 1 and give you three updated concepts. I’ll show you these in black and white, color, and with some mock-ups so you’d see what they look like in the real world.
- Round 3 – We eliminate one of the concepts from Round 2 and hone in on two designs that will be about 75% completed. You’ll get to see the same versions of these as you did in Round 2.
- Round 4 – We pick the design we like best and put the final touches on it. This includes the small details such as sizing and spacing of the icon and word mark and choosing the exact colors.